Sunday 29 January 2012

Where are my DotA skills?



Got defeated by an AI (an artificial intelligence computer-based player) in a DotA match last night was seriously not a joke for an experienced gamer. Although, I have abandoned DotA for a few months and had a lost to an AI yesterday, this was not an acceptable excuse.

For those who still doesn't have any idea of what is DotA, DotA stands for Defense of the Ancients, is a mod for the real-time strategy video game Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and its expansion Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. This epic game has the highest 'hating' rate by most of the girls. I have said so merely because of the reason that their boyfriend cares DotA more than them. This is indeed a true story for some of the DotA addicts (not me). 

Back to the main story,

Last night, there were some problems with the internet connection. It kept on disconnected and when it is connected, the speed was not very good for online gaming and caused 'lagged' in game. Arise of such problems may be due to the excessive download of Harry Potter movies by one of my housemate that night. Because of that reason, I chose to play DotA and have a match against an AI as I could not play against another player (a real person) due to the slow internet connection.

Yesterday was the first time I clicked the DotA icon in my desktop since I last played it after I came to London. I was excited as I am back to my old days, playing DotA and be able to show my skills or talent to my housemate. However, I lost the match to an AI and it was a shame. 

Where are my DotA skills?

Does this lost can be interpreted as a sign or indication of the end of my DotA journey after playing the game for about 7-8 years?

.....

Maybe I should begin practising DotA again. So that, such embarrassing moment could be avoided. Like a wise man once said;

Practice makes perfect. 



Let the game begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment