Friday 27 January 2012

Cooking?

When you are hungry, you will search the entire fridge, looking for a food to eat. For a person who doesn't know how to cook, s/he may ask someone else to cook for him. But, if there is none, you might need to go to the restaurant to eat. Soon, you got bored eating the same type of food again and again. Besides that, you also found it very costly to eat outside food and some of the food were unhealthy if it were to consume regularly. Since then, you realised that you should learn how to cook!

This situation occurred to me during my stay in London. It was relatively difficult to find Halal food here, especially in the area with minority Muslim people. At first, I just kept on buying fast food such as pizza and fried chicken as it were quite affordable, taste delicious and most importantly, Halal. But then, I have noticed that, the food served was sometimes a little bit too oily and I have considerably grow some fat in my tummy which make it harder for me to achieve my dream of having a nice sexy body. From that point onwards, I have tried to reduce my consumption on fast food and began to learn how to cook a proper  healthy meal.

Chef Bukh~
In London, I have learnt some of the techniques and skills to cook and even developed some cooking styles. Credits to my housemates and friends, I can now cook alone without any help from others and until today, I have managed to cook several famous known meals such as Ayam Masak Merah, Caramel, Egg Banjo with cheese, Mixed of Veggies and Eggs and some others delicious meals.

Cooking was very fun! It was a bit tiring for a newbie as it consumed a lot of time for you to prepare the ingredients and then cook it. For the first time, alone, it took me about an hour plus to cook a four-person meals in the small kitchen in my flat. Although, one of the meal was almost a failure due to the potatoes which were not fully cooked, I was proud that I can cook quite well for a newbie and the most important part was that the meals were edible to a living human being. 


Such experience encouraged me to practice my cooking skills by cooking more and more meals and hopefully one day, when I am back in Malaysia, I could simply cook a nice delicious meals for my beloved family and perhaps, for my friends too. I am particularly looking forward to learn other cooking techniques and skills as to enhance the taste of my cuisine. For those who still don't know how to cook, please spare some of your time to learn how to cook as it may soon be very beneficial and rewarding.


Caramel pudding :D
Lets heat it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment